Fearless Knoxville Injury Lawyers Fight 2 Win for Victims of Auto Accidents
Helping clients injured in car, truck and motorcycle wrecks in Maryville, Sevierville, Clinton, Lenoir City & Loudon
Sometimes auto accidents are unavoidable. But when they occur because of the recklessness or negligence of another party, the victims deserve compensation. Our legal team at Banks and Jones goes to court on behalf of injury victims every day to fight for the rights afforded to them by our civil justice system.
As a high-performance motorcycle rider, attorney T. Scott Jones understands the importance of staying focused when you are driving. Throughout the Knoxville area, our entire team of skilled lawyers is known for being aggressive and relentless on behalf of our clients. Furthermore, we have a reputation with both our clients and fellow attorneys for being confident, competent and easy to work with. We are fierce trial attorneys who are prepared to do what is best for you — whether that means negotiating a settlement or seeking your rightful compensation in a trial.
Kinds of auto accident cases we handle
In 2017, automotive accidents resulted in the deaths of 957 people in Tennessee and 50,174 injuries. (Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security) In every motor vehicle accident, countless factors come into play that impact the extent of a victim’s injuries, including the weather and road conditions, the types of vehicles involved, the speed of the vehicles involved and whether drivers and passengers are wearing seat belts.
Regardless of the circumstances of your car accident, if you suspect another party is at fault, our attorneys are prepared to support you. We have extensive experience handling a wide range of auto accident cases, such as:
- Car accidents. If another driver’s negligence caused the accident that injured you, you may be able to obtain compensation. Our attorneys know how to work with insurance companies to obtain maximum compensation for injury victims.
- Motorcycle accidents. A rider of high-speed motorcycles in Knoxville, attorney Jones understands the hazards riders face in a way that few attorneys can. Everyone at our firm provides motorcyclists with passionate and shrewd counsel.
- Truck accidents. An accident with a semitruck, 18-wheeler or tractor-trailer can be devastating. Our attorneys investigate your accident to uncover who may be responsible: the driver, the truck manufacturer or the trucking company.
- Uber, Lyft and other ridesharing collisions. If you took an Uber or a Lyft, and your driver was hit by another car, we can help you make a claim. We represent drivers, too, who have been seriously injured because of another person’s negligence.
- ATV wrecks. You can get seriously injured while off-roading, especially if your group involves a novice rider. Defective parts can also increase the severity of your injuries.
- Boating accidents. Just because the motor runs in water, doesn’t mean it’s not a motor vehicle crash. We represent boaters, swimmers, fishermen and -women, jet skiers and anyone else who enjoys time in the water.
- Cyclists and pedestrians. Drivers tend to ignore people on bikes and on foot – but Banks and Jones doesn’t. We know your rights, and we fight to uphold them.
Common causes of crashes in the city
People get a little “funny” when they drive in the city. It’s like they don’t know how to adjust their driving from rural or suburban areas. They don’t take into account the increased number of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, or how often they need to stop at lights or crosswalks. We help clients who have sustained injuries in accidents caused by:
- Distracted drivers
- Fatigued drivers
- Drugged or drunk drivers
- Hit and run crashes
- Wrong-way drivers
- Construction zone collisions
- Crashes with uninsured/underinsure motorists
How a Knoxville auto accident attorney can help when you have been injured
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an auto accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and losses from the party at-fault in causing the collision. A skilled Knoxville personal injury lawyer from Banks and Jones can help you recover the following types of compensation that might be appropriate in your case:
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Medical expenses now and in the future related to accident injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning capacity
- Punitive damages
We accept cases on contingency, so you do not pay attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you. Allow us to help you hold the responsible parties accountable for the consequences of their negligence or recklessness.
Car accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents occur every day, and while sometimes nature is to blame, often the culprit is a negligent person or party. At our firm, we understand the importance of moving quickly to assist accident victims, especially in Tennessee, where the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is only one year.
Contact auto accident attorneys who use every legal means to get you compensation
Our highly professional injury lawyers at Banks and Jones are not opposed to taking risks when they pay off for our clients. If you have been injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, our aggressive legal team can assist you with filing a claim. Call 865-546-2141 or contact our law firm to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced trial attorneys. Fight 2 Win!