Knoxville, TN Law Firm Stands Up for the Rights of Catastrophic Injury Victims
Let a legal team with more than 90 years of combined experience be your voice in Maryville, Sevierville, Clinton, Lenoir City and Loudon
Serious trauma to the brain, neck or back can result in disability and lifelong pain. If another driver, product manufacturer or other party is responsible for your condition, our attorneys at Banks and Jones can help you fight back. Aggressive and unyielding, we are dogged when pursuing damages on behalf of catastrophic injury victims. If you or your loved one is seriously injured in any type of accident in Maryville, Sevierville, Clinton, Lenoir City and Loudon, our highly qualified team of professional injury lawyers can provide you with passionate and experienced counsel.
Types of catastrophic injuries
Car accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents are notorious for causing catastrophic injuries. But serious injuries can also be caused by other types of accidents, including slips and falls and those resulting from defective products. After suffering a catastrophic injury, your first concern must be to seek prompt medical attention. Our Knoxville lawyers regularly help our clients who suffer various injuries in Tennessee including:
- Head injuries — Serious head and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can cause motor-skill impairment, long-term pain, insomnia, comas and death. Symptoms of a TBI include irritability, nausea, clear liquid draining from the ears, loss of consciousness, slurred speech and loss of coordination.
- Neck and back injuries — A severe injury to the neck or back can lead to partial or full paralysis and, in some cases, death.
- Burns — Serious burn injuries can cause victims to go into shock and can be fatal.
Effects of catastrophic injuries
Catastrophic injuries can affect almost every aspect of your life. Depending on the location and severity of your condition, you may be partially or fully paralyzed, may experience constant pain or may have limited mobility. As a result of your injury, you may never be able to work again and your personal life may be greatly affected. But with the help of our formidable legal team in Knoxville, you may be able to obtain just compensation.
Causes of catastrophic injuries
After receiving proper medical care, you may be wondering why your accident happened. Was it an accident? Was it preventable? If so, who is responsible? We recognize the seriousness of your situation, and our lawyers are prepared to help. During the course of our practice, we have assisted clients injured in such accidents as:
- Car accidents — Passenger car accidents occur every day. While fender benders rarely result in serious injuries, highway collisions of any kind can cause serious disabilities.
- Defective drugs — Pharmaceutical companies have a duty to release drugs that are safe and tested.
- Defective products — If a product malfunctions, especially a vehicle, it can result in the serious injury or death of many victims.
- Motorcycle accidents — Many drivers fail to treat motorcyclists with courtesy and respect and do not realize that even a minor accident can result in serious head or back injuries to riders.
- Truck accidents — Since tractor-trailers and large trucks weigh many tons more than other vehicles, accidents involving trucks often result in catastrophic injury or death.
Zealous advocacy for seriously injured victims in Knoxville
If you suffer a head, neck, back or other type of catastrophic injury, our legal team at Banks and Jones can assist you in filing a claim to obtain just compensation. To speak with one of our skilled attorneys, call 865-407-2122 or contact us online. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with other appointments available upon request.