Ms. Lewis graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Tennessee, where she majored in Russian with a minor in English. She attended graduate school at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in Comparative Literature with an emphasis on Russian, German and English. While attending UNC, Ms. Lewis spent a year studying German and Philosophy at the renowned Georg August Universität in Göttingen, Germany.
Ms. Lewis returned to Tennessee to attend law school at the University of Tennessee College of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude. A highly successful litigator of complex criminal cases, Ms. Lewis also maintains an active civil practice. Notable cases include the reported and precedent setting Douglas Jordan v. State, 343 S.W.3d 84 (Tenn. App. 2011).
In her free time, Ms. Lewis enjoys photography, riding her horse, Gus, and being with her family and friends.
- Criminal Defense
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Major Accidents
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Tennessee, 2006
- S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- D., magna cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law
- Graduate Work: Comparative Literature, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Studied German and Philosophy, Georg August Universität in Göttingen, Germany
- A., summa cum laude, Russian, University of Tennessee
- Phi Beta Kappa